Latest Update: June 29, 2020 | 1:00 p.m.
As we monitor the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic throughout our nation and region, we are taking steps to mitigate any potential impact to our church family and our facilities. We are praying for those who may be affected by the virus and for God’s protection over us all. As our community begins to reopen, please partner with us in this prayer as well as in taking practical measures to slow the spread of the virus. With that in mind, BMBC will continue to worship online ONLY through the end of July.
Now, some of you may say “Pastor, I’m glad we have church online, but I’m ready to gather in the Sanctuary!” And I hear you. With that in mind, our Reopening Task Force is finalizing plans for us to reunite in the Sanctuary for worship services. In the coming weeks, you will receive detailed information on how and when BMBC plans to reopen our facilities for worship. While we enjoy this news and it is very important for us to gather again in worship, please understand that we must exercise caution and the most vulnerable should not be attending during these initial phases. I ask you to faithfully pray for me and our leadership team as we seek the Lord’s guidance and wisdom for our reopening plans. Please know, our highest priority will always be the safety of our members and guests.
In the meantime, I want to challenge you to stay connected to Brown. So, what does this mean? Well, it means to continue to share the daily devotionals; worship with us each weekend at 6 pm Saturday; 8 am and 11 am Sunday, Get in the Word with us each Wednesday at Noon and 6:30pm, workout with us on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday on all of our social media platforms.
July is Children & Youth Month and our 4:12 ministry has planned exciting and interactive activities for students all month long. Make sure to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details. And invite your family and friends to our Online Children and Youth Weekend worship services, July 18-19, with special guest, Pastor Reginald Sharpe.
Furthermore, on Saturday, July 11, we’ll have our 6pm worship service outside on the Main Campus Grounds where you’ll be able to participate in worship in your vehicles and outside with social distancing guidelines observed. We’re calling it Saturday Night Live: Our Park and Praise Experience!
Please continue to check brownbaptist.org/updates regularly to learn about the upcoming events and activities that will be held digitally.
I want to personally thank you for your continued commitment, cooperation and generosity as we do ministry online during this pandemic. A special thank you, to all of our essential workers that are on the frontlines of fighting this virus and serving our community.
To His Glory,
Pastor Bartholomew Orr
Current Operating Status: CLOSED (All BMBC facilities are currently closed to everyone except essential employees.)
Worship Services will be ONLINE ONLY for the month of July.
Wednesday Bible Studies (Noon & 6:30pm) will be ONLINE ONLY for the month of July.
Though our facilities will remain closed, we will resume as many ministry activities as possible. We are unable to hold in-person gatherings, but we will begin to transition to using our digital platforms. Many of our ministry meetings, small groups, fellowships and other events will be held online so that we can continue with ministry. Please check our website regularly to learn about the upcoming events/activities that will be held virtually.
- CHILDREN & YOUTH WEEKEND | July 18-19 | ONLINE ONLY
- REVIVAL | August 25-26 | POSTPONED
BMBC Sponsored Travel and Mission Trips – CANCELLED for 2020
Funerals/Weddings – Funerals & Weddings will proceed as planned.
For additional updates as they become available, follow us on social media @brownbaptist and online at brownbaptist.org/updates.
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
- Hygiene – We encourage hand washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Additionally, we are providing hand sanitizer throughout our campuses. Due to a shortage of supply and high demand, we ask that you bring your own personal hand sanitizer. When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth using your upper sleeve or with tissue; discard tissue immediately.
- Resources – We can each do our part in sharing with those in need. Some retailers are experiencing a shortage of basic sanitation items. Please only purchase what is needed in your home and share what you have with others.
No. BMBC will have worship services ONLINE ONLY for the month of July.
Online Worship Services Opportunity:
Saturday 6 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m.
Sunday 11 a.m.
The church administrative offices will be operating remotely until further notice. If you need assistance, please call 662-342-6407 or email email@example.com.
You can make a gift to BMBC using any of the following platforms:
- ONLINE at brownbaptist.org/give
- TEXT “BrownBaptist” to 77-977
- BMBC App
- CASH or CHECK – Mail your offering to 980 Stateline Road E Southaven, MS 38671 or place in the outside Tithe Box at our Main Campus
- PHONE – Make credit/debit card payments via phone at 662-342-6407)
- PICK-UP – Call 662-342-6407 to have a BMBC employee pick up your offering.
Questions? Need Help? Call us at 662-342-6407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Workplace, School, and Home Guidance
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Steps to Prevent Illness
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What to Do If You Are Sick with COVID-19
- Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Facts about COVID-19
- Information for People at Higher Risk and Special Populations
- Communication Resources
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Information for Communities, Schools, and Businesses
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – Community Facilities
- SBA: COVID-19 Resources
- SBA: Supporting Small Businesses
- SBA: Disaster Assistance
- DOL: Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus
- DOL: OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-19
- DOL: Unemployment Insurance Resource Map
- WHO: Get Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
- CISA: Risk Management for COVID-19
- EPA: Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19