Latest Update: March 26, 2020 | 8:00 a.m.
We wanted to let you know some important information about how Brown Missionary Baptist Church (BMBC) is responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health crisis. We are closely monitoring the advice of the CDC, City of Southaven and the Mississippi State Department of Health.
Current Operating Status: CLOSED (All BMBC facilities are currently closed to everyone except essential employees.)
Worship Services will be ONLINE ONLY for the weekends of March 28/29, April 4/5, April 11/12.
Wednesday Bible Studies (Noon & 6:30pm) will be ONLINE ONLY for April 1, April 8 and April 15.
***ALL MINISTRY EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND REHEARSALS ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.***
- EASTER BASH – April 11: CANCELLED
- CONTENDING FOR THE FAITH CONFERENCE – April 24 & 25: CANCELLED
- COLLEGE TOUR – June 8-12: CANCELLED
- NATIONAL BAPTIST CONGRESS OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION – June 22 – 26: CANCELLED
Mission Trips – All 2020 Mission Trips are cancelled.
Funerals/Weddings – Funerals & Weddings will proceed as planned.
For additional updates as they become available, follow us on social media @brownbaptist and online at brownbaptist.org/updates.
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
- Hygiene – We encourage hand washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Additionally, we are providing hand sanitizer throughout our campuses. Due to a shortage of supply and high demand, we ask that you bring your own personal hand sanitizer. When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth using your upper sleeve or with tissue; discard tissue immediately.
- Resources – We can each do our part in sharing with those in need. Some retailers are experiencing a shortage of basic sanitation items. Please only purchase what is needed in your home and share what you have with others.
No. BMBC will have worship services ONLINE ONLY for the weekends of March 28/29, April 4/5 and April 11/12.
Online Worship Services Opportunity:
Saturday 6 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m.
Sunday 11 a.m.
The church administrative offices will be operating remotely until further notice. If you need assistance please call 662-342-6407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may give your offering:
- ONLINE at brownbaptist.org/give
- CASH APP ($BrownBaptist)
- TEXT “BrownBaptist” to 77-977
- BMBC App
- CASH or CHECK – Mail your offering to 980 Stateline Road E Southaven, MS 38671 or place in the outside Tithe Box at our Main Campus
- PHONE – Make credit/debit card payments via phone (Tracy Harmon, 901-500-5547 or Pastor Derrick Anderson, 901-356-4734)
- PICK-UP – Call 662-342-6407 to have a BMBC employee pick up your offering.
Food items served between services will only be handled by food servers using food-safe gloves. Other food-related events will be handled with care following Food Safety Guidelines from the Desoto County & Shelby County Health Departments.